We gather for worship in the Kennicott Park facility (4434 S. Lake Park Ave.) each Sunday at 10:00 am. We practice social distancing and masks are required. At this point we are not offering Sunday ministries for children but we welcome them to join us in worship. We also live stream our service below and on our Facebook page.
In order to maintain social distancing and leave space for our guests, we are limiting our capacity on Sunday mornings. Watch this short video for more about how we are doing this. During the month of September, regular attenders and members whose last names begin with the letters A-K are invited to in-person worship at Kennicott on the 1st and 3rd Sundays; those whose last name begins with L-Z on 2nd and 4th Sundays. Families with more than one last name can choose one and stick with that name for the month. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Amy.
Sign up for Bible Study This Fall | Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 pm
Bible Study will start in October! Please fill out this form to join our Bible Study. We will have a short teaching and then our small groups will meet for 45 minutes for application/discussion, check-in and prayer for each other. If you have questions, please email Won Kim, Director of Discipleship.
Race Against Gun Violence | Thursday, September 23, 6pm
Join Team New Community Outreach to raise funds for our work creating restorative spaces for healing, reconciliation and flourishing. To help fundraise or make a donation, go to our team page. While the race has gone virtual, NCO will be hosting the race & celebration for members of Team NCO.
S’mores at the Point | Saturday, September 25; 6:00 pm
Join us at one of the fire pits at Promontory Point for s’mores.
Prayer Around The Schools | Saturday, October 2; 9:00 am
Join us as we pray together for the schools in our neighborhood. Meet outside Kennicott Park’s building (4434 S. Lake Park Ave.). We join on the first Saturday of each month.
2022 Strategic Plan Meetings
Initial Presentation | Sunday, October 10; after service – time TBD
The Leadership Team will present the initial plan and have time for questions and feedback.
Feedback Session | Sunday, November 7; after service – time TBD
The Leadership Team will present the updated plan and have time for questions and feedback.
Annual Congregational Meeting | Sunday, December 12; after service – time TBD
Join us as we vote on the Strategic Plan for 2022. Everyone is welcome. Members, please plan on being there.
NCO Volunteer Opportunities
Currently, the two major needs are:
1. Non-Perishable Donations – For the next THREE Sundays (9/12, 9/19, 9/26), please bring any non-perishable goods (pasta sauce, canned soup, canned vegetables, etc.) to Sunday worship and drop off in the bin labeled “NCO.”
2. Harvest & Distribute –Sign up to harvest & distribute on Saturdays (8:30am-11:00am, or however long you can stay) and support NCO’s efforts to provide free, fresh produce to our Bronzeville neighbors. We especially need volunteers in October!
Opportunities for Social Connection
1) Opt in by texting “social” to 94000 to receive text alerts about last-minute opportunities for fellowship.
2) Text your ideas for social events to Jair Pinedo, 503-804-3228.
3) For other opportunities, announcements, or needs, join the church Google Group by emailing email@example.com or emailing Amy and she will add you to the group.
Please complete this form so that we can keep our database up-to-date! We also use text messaging for last minute announcements. Opt-in by texting “newcom” to 94000